This is our Vegetable based melt and pour soap base, used for the manufacture of opaque soap bars.
- Vegetable based
- Moisturising properties from a very high glycerine content which provides a pleasant skin feel
- Good foaming application
- Suitable for slicing or moulding
- With added Titanium Dioxide as an opacifier
- Superior colour stability even if kept at a high temperature for extended periods
- Neutral odour provides excellent fragrance lift
Aqua, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Laurate, Sodium Stearate
How to make your soap bar:
1. Simply open the packaging, safely cut the soap base into smaller cubes - doing this will make the soap easier to handle and melt.
2. Gradually heat the soap base in a Double Boiler ensuring that the soap melts evenly and does not boil and burn. If you are melting in a microwave please be careful and keep an eye on the soap as it can bubble over the container - it is advisable to use the lowest power setting (not defrost).
3. Mix in any Essential Oils, Fragrances, Colours, Botanicals and/or Additives to achieve the aroma and colour preferred - simply add to the melted soap base and mix gently ensuring that any fragrance you have added is evenly distributed throughout the soap base.
4. Working quickly, pour your soap base into your soap mould. Any small bubbles that may form on the surface of the soap during setting can be smoothed with rubbing alcohol. While still pliable you can add dried botanicals to the surface of the soap, by gently pressing them into the top of the soap if you wish.
5. Once your soaps have set and fully hardened simply remove from the moulds. We recommend always wrapping your soap bars immediately after releasing from the moulds to protect and preserve the soap.
For more information on how to use this soap base, follow this link
For more information or to print off these instructions, visit the website below. Guide to making your own WST White Soap
Note: Cosy Owl will be providing the essential oils, dye, pigment, liquid and powder dyes and rubbing alcohol soon. It is important to note that you can’t use our Bekro Dyes in soap.
In addition, as the maximum percentage of Oil to Soap varies with each Fragrance Oil, we advise all customers to view the IFRA STANDARDS CONFORMITY CERTIFICATE. To locate this information:
Select the Fragrance Oil you wish to purchase from our listings
Select the 'Data Sheets' tab and click on the 'See all Fragrance Data Sheets' link
Locate and click on the name of the Fragrance Oil you are interested in using
Click on the IFRA link and then in the document, scroll down to IFRA Class 9A. The maximum percentage that can be used (anything below that figure is fine) is provided in the second column.
Stephenson supplies the most innovative personal care product range to customers globally. They do this by offering a platform through specialist retailers like Cosy Owl through which they can excel in the industry providing high quality soap products. They can differentiate final products (different types of soap appearances and fragrances) to suit a wide range of consumer needs. Stephenson utilises high end industry techniques associated with product development solutions using creative chemistry to match customer expectations and thereby provide added value to other less substantive soap products.
Their vision and values enable them to manage their business to create sustainable and continuous growth:
People: Create a safe and happy place to work where people are inspired to be the best they can be.
Product range: Provide their customers with market leading products based on innovative chemistry that truly adds value to their product offering.
Partners: Support a strong and versatile group of exclusive suppliers such as Cosy Owl with whom together they can build mutual and enduring partnerships.
Planet: They strive to protect the environment through the development of truly sustainable processes.
Productivity: Be a highly effective team, ensuring efficiency and pro-activity.
Product Innovation: Always assume products can be improved by creative and innovative chemistry.
Stephenson has two advanced laboratories to offer customers a full support programme, with a research and development lab focusing on new technology, industrial chemical processes and innovation.
They are committed to supplying the highest quality products to customers. This is demonstrated by their continued registration to the Quality Management System ISO9001, a certification that was first achieved in 1991. There manufacturing facility is also certified to the Soil Association, Ecocert and NOP USDA, Kosher and Fair Trade standards. Regular audits against these certificates ensure the products provided meet the very highest quality standards.
They are very aware of their responsibility to the environment, and in 1997 the company was awarded the certification for Environmental Management System IS0 14001, a standard still enforced today. Stephenson Group Ltd has also been awarded the Queen’s Award twice for Enterprise & Export.
We at Cosy Owl are proud to be an exclusive supplier of their highly rated products.