Here at Cosy Owl, we are serious about sustainability. We work incessantly with our suppliers to ensure our materials are sourced locally, wherever possible, to avoid unnecessary transportation, that’s why we only work with suppliers who operate ethically and sustainably whilst producing the high quality products that our customers have come to love and expect.
“We are committed to becoming a leader of sustainably sourced crafts supplies.”
In order to achieve this goal, we are continually reviewing our process and practices:
- We aim to be 98% plastic free packaging by the end of 2021. We already use recyclable packaging when processing orders.
- Our new 100% biodegradable bags will replace the last elements of plastic in our packaging by September 2021.
- We are also fully committed to using ethically sourced natural carrier oils certified by organisations such as the RSPO.
- We source 100% renewable ingredients whenever possible.
- Our couriers are award-winning and world leaders in reducing the environmental impact of their operations.
- We work with the leading global suppliers of natural fragrance ingredients to ensure that they conform to the highest ethical and sustainable sourcing standards in the industry.
- We source electricity from green only sources, we heat our plants with sustainable energy and have developed working practices that minimise our impact.
- We will be transitioning from plastic fragrance bottles to glass and aluminium bottles. We have already started the process and will continue phasing this in to complete transition by the end of the year.
- Last but not least, we commit to provide updated and factual information to our customers.
Stay up-to-date with our ongoing commitments. Subscribe to our Newsletter in the footer below.
A Fact-Based Approach
“One of the biggest obstacles to sustainability
All our products are marked ‘cruelty free‘, ‘vegan friendly‘, this information is fully documented from supply to production and delivery.
Whenever products that we use are the subject of sustainability concerns, such as Soy wax, we ensure to have statements from their supplier that their product is sourced exclusively from sustainable sources.
Many common terms and concepts can be misleading if not properly elaborated on, that’s why we keep updating our Blog with articles, useful guides and educational sources about sustainability, products, processes and more.
Do you know what terms like ‘natural identical‘, ‘organic‘ and many others mean? Do you think Soy wax is a sustainable product?
Read more about Sustainability and the crafts’ industry with these articles:
Let’s craft a sustainable future!