Cosy Owl is calling all CREATIVE ARTISTS across the East of England to produce an original homemade crafted item. Crafters will be able to submit their creation through Cosy Owl’s social media competition open to users across Facebook, Instagram & Twitter.
Whether you’re a skilled painter, candle maker, sewer or photographer, we are looking for the best local talent across the East of England to enter your original creations. Art comes in many different forms so it is open to all crafters/artists!
Please read below for competition entry methods and T&C’s.
Competition Entry Methods
The competition is open to artists aged 18+ specialising in any art form, however, your original creation will need to be inspired by the winter season.
The competition is open for 3 weeks from January 6th 2020 (8:55 AM), closing January 27th 2020 (23:59 PM), giving all artists time to produce their creations. Artists can enter via Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Interested artists on Facebook must:
- ‘Follow’ the Cosy Owl Facebook page and see the 🖐 COMPETITION 🖐 post.
- Upload your image/creation to the comments section of the post which you will find on the Cosy Owl page.
- Comment alongside the image the county you are living in and a description of why you produced your entered creation.
Successfully shortlisted creations and also final winners will be contacted via Facebook message.
Interested artists on Instagram must:
- ‘Follow’ the Cosy Owl Instagram page and ‘like’ the Cosy Owl artist’s competition post here.
- Artists must then UPLOAD A PHOTO OF THEIR ORIGINAL CREATION TO THEIR OWN INSTAGRAM PROFILE, and use the hashtag #CosyOwlCreation alongside a description of why they produced their creation/why it is winter-inspired.
- Comment on the post the county you are living in for us to cross-check alongside your uploaded creation.
All entries via Instagram will be monitored under the tagging of ‘CosyOwlCreation’. Successfully shortlisted creations and also final winners will be contacted via Instagram message.
Interested artists on Twitter must:
- ‘Follow the Cosy Owl Twitter page and ‘like’ the Cosy Owl artist’s competition post which is pinned to the top of the Cosy Owl page.
- Photo upload your creation entry, commenting the county you are living in and a short description on why you produced your creation/why it is winter-inspired.
- Use the hashtag #CosyOwlCreation when uploading your photo upload.
Successfully shortlisted creations and also final winners will be contacted via Twitter message.
1. Entrants to the Promotion are bound by these terms and conditions.
2. The Promotion is open to those residents in the East of England aged 18 and over. It excludes employees of the Promoter and anyone professionally connected to the competition.
3. Timings: The Promotion starts at 8:55 am on Monday 6th January 2020 and entry closes at midnight Monday 27th January 2020. The Promoter reserves the right to amend the competition end date or withdraw the Promotion at any time.
4. How to enter: To enter, you must have access to the internet and;
i. Upload a photo of your homemade, winter-inspired, original creation to the post found on the Cosy Owl Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/thecosyowl/). and, comment the county you are living in and a brief description behind the making of your creation. Or, visit the Cosy Owl Instagram page ( https://www.instagram.com/cosyowlcandles/) ‘like’ the Cosy Owl local artists competition post, commenting the county you are living in AND upload your creation to YOUR OWN PROFILE, tagging the hashtag #CosyOwlCreation in the image alongside a description behind your creation.
ii. All Entrants should also ‘like’ the Cosy Owl Facebook Page or ‘follow’ the Cosy Owl Instagram account @cosyowlcandles.
ii. Entries must not feature offensive image content/comments, content which infringes 3rd party copyright or anyone who is under age 18 without parental permission. All entered creations must be original.
iii. By entering you accept that other entrants may submit concepts that are similar to your photo entry, and you will not be entitled to compensation or right to negotiate with the Promoter should this arise.
5. Shortlisting/Prizes: There will be one competition winner, with two runners up selected by a professional craft industry judge.
1st place creation will win £100.00 high street voucher of choice.
2nd place runners up creation will win £50.00 Cosy Owl Voucher.
3rd place runners up will win a Cosy Owl free candle making kit of choice.
I. The prizes are subject to availability, non-transferable, and the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equivalent or greater value.
6. Selecting the winner & delivery: Entries will be shortlisted by the promoter and the 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed artists will be selected by a professional judge.
I. Each winner will give their consent to the Promoter publishing images of winning homemade creations and winners name on the Cosy Owl website. Entrants must give their consent that this competition could receive regional press coverage, therefore details of shortlisted creations could be shared in the local news. Winners creations will be selected on Monday 10th February 2020 and contacted by direct Facebook/ Instagram/ Twitter message. Winners must then provide the requested contact details within 5 working days and the prize will be sent within 10 working days of receipt. Proof of ID may be required.
7. The Promoter’s decisions regarding all Promotion matters is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion, or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be in violation of the Terms and Conditions; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be disruptive or to contravene the spirit of the Competition.
9. By entering this promotion you hereby assign to the Promoter, and waive your moral rights in, the complete copyright and all other intellectual property rights whatsoever in your entry and in any promotional and advertising material and similar which arises out of or is in connection with this promotion. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused in the making of your homemade item, directly or indirectly, from any entrant’s participation in the prize draw or from any prize.
10. The Promoter is Cosy Owl, 20-28 Albert Rd, Braintree CM7 3JQ. Any correspondence regarding this Competition should be forwarded in writing to Social Media Team at the above address.
11. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Entrants agree that Facebook shall have no liability in respect of this draw.
12. Any personal data related to participants will be used in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 2018.