Thank you to everyone for entering the competition. There were some excellent entries and you will find out top 5 winners below.
Easter is nearly here and what better way to get your craft on at home then by making your own Easter-themed wax melts! We’re now running a social media competition across the UK, looking for YOU to create your very own Easter-themed wax melts and share them with us online. 5 lucky participants will each win a wax melt candle making kit.
Please read below for competition entry methods and T&C’s.
Competition Entry Methods – now closed
The competition is open to UK residents aged 18+ and your original wax melt creation will need to be inspired by the Easter season.
The competition is open for 17 days from March 26th 2020 (17:00 PM), closing April 13th 2020 (23:59 PM), giving all entrants time to produce their wax melt creations. Entrants can enter via Facebook and Instagram.
Interested entrants on Facebook must:
- ‘Follow’ the Cosy Owl Facebook page and ‘like’ the 🐣 COMPETITION 🐣 post here.
- Upload your image/creation to the comments section of the post which you will find on the Cosy Owl page
Any successful winners entering via this method will be contacted via Facebook message.
Interested entrants on Instagram must:
- ‘Follow’ the Cosy Owl Instagram page and ‘like’ the Cosy Owl 🐣 COMPETITION 🐣 post here.
- UK entrants must then upload a photo of your Easter-themed wax melt to your instagram story and tag @cosyowlcandles in the post alongside NOMINATING a friend to enter. Please consider friends that have the available equipment required to make Wax Melts.
All entries via Instagram will be monitored under the tagging of ‘cosyowlcandles’ and each entry via story will be screen captured for review.
Any successful winners entering via this method will be contacted via Instagram message.
1. Entrants to the Promotion are bound by these terms and conditions.
2. The Promotion is open to UK residents aged 18 and over. It excludes employees of the Promoter and anyone professionally connected to the competition.
3. Timings: The Promotion starts at 17:00 pm on Thursday 26th March 2020 and entry closes at midnight Monday 13th April 2020. The Promoter reserves the right to amend the competition end date or withdraw the Promotion at any time.
4. How to enter: To enter, you must have access to the internet and;
i. Upload a photo of your homemade, easter-inspired, original wax melt creation to the competition post found on the Cosy Owl Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/thecosyowl/). Make sure to ‘like’ the post and follow Cosy Owl. Or, visit the Cosy Owl Instagram page ( https://www.instagram.com/cosyowlcandles/) ‘like’ the Cosy Owl Easter competition post, AND upload your creation to YOUR INSTAGRAM STORY, tagging the hashtag @cosyowlcandles in the post alongside NOMINATING a friend in the post to enter the competition if they have the required kit to make a wax melt.
ii. All Entrants should also ‘like’ the Cosy Owl Facebook Page or ‘follow’ the Cosy Owl Instagram account @cosyowlcandles.
ii. Entries must not feature offensive image content/comments, content which infringes 3rd party copyright or anyone who is under age 18 without parental permission. All entered creations must be original wax melt creations which are Easter themed.
iii. By entering you accept that other entrants may submit concepts that are similar to your photo entry, and you will not be entitled to compensation or right to negotiate with the Promoter should this arise.
5. Shortlisting/Prizes: There will be 5 competition winners selected by a professional industry judge.
The prizes will be 5 Wax Melt Candle Making Kits.
I. The prizes are subject to availability, non-transferable, and the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equivalent or greater value if the product suddenly becomes unavailable or unable to be selected.
6. Selecting the winner & delivery: All entries will be reviewed by the promoter and the top 5 wax melt creations will be selected as the winners by a professional judge.
I. Each winner will give their consent to the Promoter publishing images of winning homemade wax melt creations and winners’ names on the Cosy Owl website. Winners creations will be selected on Tuesday 14th April 2020 and contacted by direct Facebook/ Instagram/ message. Winners must then provide the requested contact details within 5 working days and the prize will be sent within 10 working days of receipt. Proof of ID may be required. *Delivery could take longer due to ongoing COVID-19.
7. The Promoter’s decisions regarding all Promotion matters is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion, or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be in violation of the Terms and Conditions; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be disruptive or to contravene the spirit of the Competition.
9. By entering this promotion you hereby assign to the Promoter, and waive your moral rights in, the complete copyright and all other intellectual property rights whatsoever in your entry and in any promotional and advertising material and similar which arises out of or is in connection with this promotion. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused in the making of your homemade item, directly or indirectly, from any entrant’s participation in the prize draw or from any prize.
10. The Promoter is Cosy Owl, 20-28 Albert Rd, Braintree CM7 3JQ. Any correspondence regarding this Competition should be forwarded in writing to Social Media Team at the above address.
11. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Entrants agree that Facebook shall have no liability in respect of this draw.
12. Any personal data related to participants will be used in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 2018.